Sunday, September 11, 2005

Oh the Joy!

Why don't I remember how lucky I am all the time?
How come I feel like I am being oppressed when things do not go my way?
Compared to a lot of people on this earth I am the luckiest man alive and I should feel guilty.
Inside my tiny mind I am nothing special and empathize with every hard luck story I see and hear about. A whole bunch of people die every day, not always from natural causes I'm sure and what would they give for just one more day of life? My life?
Not that there is any guarantee that today is not my last day as well.
As I make the best of things as well as I can I sometimes do reflect that I have worked hard to have such a hum drum life and I want things the way they are.
I am lucky.
I was born at the right time and moved through life missing the bad parts by moments perhaps, escaping to this time with most of my parts still attached.
When I do feel especially down on myself I have to remember that there were days when what I did was noticed and I did do some things that made a difference to others in a good way.
A little cheese and crackers with that whine?
As far as everybody else being in harms way, surviving disaster and/or war, there but by the grace of god go we.
Day ain't over and I don't hear anyone promising me that all is well.
Let's all go out and do our chores and get ready for the next week with the intent that maybe something will happen and we will have to decide the fate of other peoples life with our actions.
Will we be the nice guy or the selfish guy? (person)
Who will know?
You'd better stay out of my way. Work is an ordeal with other people being the reason. Why should I work as hard as I do when 'they' can walk around sipping a cup of joe or chatting with co-workers?
Young folks!
Am I the old person I swore I would never become?
Am I old?
I don't feel old.
I seem to kick butt and not suffer the next day from the exertion.
I bet I can still hump a sixty pound ruck and a sixty farther than you can.
Now I remember!
I am free!
I am doing just as I please without someone telling me when I can go and come.
Now I remember!
Oh the joy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home