Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The slow and weak will be eaten

Work has it's benefits. Cash.
Other than the end product of receiving monetary gain from my labors I am not thrilled with having to deal with some of the other people on this planet.
Where does it say that I can't be the slacker?
Why do I have to finish everyday of work tired and dirty and anxious that everything is finished to the best of my abilities?
Who made me this way?
Those years in the service of my country should have worn off by now. The brainwashing must have been diluted by the many hours of drinking and watching the boob tube.
Maybe what I have to do is just give up.
Become exactly like some of my co-workers and do as little as possible to get by and let the chips fall where they may.
That or get a better paying position somewhere.
My book writing has it's problems. I can review and edit, rewrite and purge, polish and make perfect the first paragraph only to read it again in a week and think there is something that can be said better.
Ah heck.
Just like this drivel.
Who cares?
It is a great story anyway.
Make me a million bucks easy if anyone else liked it enough to read it and publish it.
I remember when a million dollars was a whole lot of money. That show with Gene- whats his name?- as the millionaire who did something like go around and solve crime or something. Was on around the same time as Honey West. I liked her cat.
Then again...
I liked my cat better.
___,,,=^..^=,,,___
Only after the rest of us solve or little problems will we look out at the rest of the world and solve their problems.
Did you think how lucky you were to turn on the tap and get a clean glass of water out of the faucet the last time you did or are you one of them folks who has to drink bottled water cuz the water out of the tap isn't good enough?
That question was directed at people who have clean water coming out of the tap.
Some people don't have a tap.
When I was about to join the peace corps they said stuff like the fact that they don't go into a place a build a well with a pump, they build a well with a rope and a bucket because people can make ropes and buckets but they can't build pump parts.
Why can't other parts of our world be as smart as that?
Our governments, our Friends, us?
Kiss
K.I.S.S.
Keep It Simple Stupid.
As said before. One law and then a person doing the thinking after that.
Killing is wrong.
Don't kill.
If you do then know the fact that you might get killed.
Dying is easy.
Everybody does.
Just before you do you wish you had another chance.
Clutching at straws and all.
I had a near death experience a couple times and it wasn't bad at all.
Of course I was sorta doing to myself. Fasting, then drinking sort of thing but the whole thing about going out and meeting the others (dead folks) was okay. I was reassured that they were okay and to tell their folks that everything was okay and then I heard the commotion back here and said I'd be right back to talk but I had to go back and reassure people that I was okay but when I did I couldn't get back cause I woke up and things were as they are.
I didn't mind. Didn't harm me a bit.
Scared everyone else to a frazzle.
To reassure them I had a EKG and a check up but I knew what I did and screw them.
Even if it was something out of my id then so what?
I still ain't afraid to die.
Ask the people at my work. I ask them to kill me all the time.
Sick ain't I?
Probably.
Who cares?
Not me.
(I do)
I worry all the time about what I project. Like 'Am I a jerk for having said that?' 'Did he or she think I meant something else because what I meant was something totally different?' 'Don't they get the joke?'
I must admit I am weird.
I give a hoot.
Other people can say it better but what I know is that when you give 'your word', promise something, it has to have meaning or you ain't nothing.
That old saying "A man is only as good as his word" is for people who live around the guy back in the old days when someone wasn't going anywhere.
Now a'days people come and go so often with job changes and other crap that they can fool you with never having to be tested.
My friends can rely on me.
So far.
Stuff happens.
There is no law that says we have to be perfect.
Best if we are not. Might give us some sort of complex or something.
I lost FORTY pounds! Ask me how.
"How did you lose forty pounds?"
I worked for a living!
No. Actually I just worked like a dog and the pounds melted off. Better than a gym. They paid me.
Had a girl tell me I was skinny. That and something about my tiny butt.
In todays lingo I know she wants it.
She wants it bad.
Skinny!
Growing up I was skinny.
Then I found four squares and a cot in the service.
Man I grew!
Always knew I was bigger.
Now I'm skinny.
er.
Skinny-er.
Kinda miss my belly.
Meant I wasn't so tired from working all the time.
I gotta go to sleep or else I'll have to go back to work worse than I am now which is

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home