Saturday, September 17, 2005

kickin butt

Last night was a butt stompin free for all as I out worked and out performed all others and left the job knowing that my share of labor had made my job that more secure. I am a freaking machine!
I will pay for the effort I am sure.
The full (or nearly full) moon must have been making me extra frisky last night or I am just feeling the attributes of eating better than in the recent past.
Usually one meal a day is good enough for me with the tiny nosh here and there and certainly the beer or two after work does me just fine. This weekend I have two steaks with fixin's to devour and I anticipate the luxury of such things.
I am at this moment not unhappy.
I am not unaffected by the plight of all others today but I am once again at ease with certain aspects of my life and wish to only rest and relax for these two meager days off and return to my brutal workplace secure with the knowledge that eight hours of labor isn't going to hurt, just watching my co-workers slacking off might.
I did rant and rave a bit last night as I watched some of the folks I know as associates gather around and have a good old time conversing as they worked and it is not jealousy that makes my disgust rise, it is the fact that the same job that they were doing has been, and will be done by one person in half the time.
Such is life.
Such a thing was similar in the service.
I spent a month or so training and then testing fellow grunts in the use of a compass to determine an azimuth for a certain medal we all attempted to achieve and the number of NCO's coming through who could not even do that simple task made me realize that time in service was all they had to live for and hopefully, maybe they were good people or something.
You point the compass at a terrain feature and read off a number. How hard can it be?
I know that there are a bunch of our fellow folks over in the war zones right now being lead by incompetent buttheads who scraped by long enough to kill some of their own buds by sheer stupidity. That's why the word frag became known as a method of dealing with morons.
The weak will be eaten first.
Follow only the orders that you know are legal.
No one can order you to die for your country. You might have to do so but there is no way 'they' have the authority to commit murder. Yur buds might frag you later but stepping out to see if there is a sniper around is something you keep the malingerers around for. That and someone has to check the air after being in mop four in a battlefield environment that might still be contaminated.
Life sure does suck huh?
We all get a chance to be who we want to be though.
God only expects us to live.
I wonder if he lets babies die because he is teaching someone a lesson.
I never said he didn't have a plan.
Maybe he uses death as a way to teach us all the value of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home