Tuesday, September 20, 2005

If I only had a brain

Last night was one of nights when you wish every night was as easy.
Much had gotten done and I never lost my cool and referred to my co-workers as slow and lazy. For one thing I was much to busy and I never saw how slow they are, the other thing is I guess I have to give up expecting anyone there at this time of being able to compete with me.
The extra work I voluntarily did was of some benefit to someone but for myself it was another show of strength. Sometimes I wonder how other people can say that something is to hard for them to do alone when they don't even try.
Yes, I am a machine I guess. Everyone knows it but they must dislike me for showing them up. That is until I come over and give them some help and then they get all goofy and start expecting me to do all of the work.
I ain't that stupid.
Watch me drop the gear into low and slow and work just as hard as they do.
That is until I forget and start kickin butt.
News out there in the world isn't all I expect it to be.
N. Korea says it will give up it's nukes if we promise not to attack.
We lie, they lie.
I'm more worried about someone else comin over and trying to kick our butt and starting the ball rolling. I'm pretty sure the world is heading for something.
Here's a thought. Why don't we hold people accountable for what they do?
I know I hold myself accountable. If I don't say hello to someone, even if I dislike the nasty cur I feel bad. Like I disappointed them. Like my saying hello means that they will have a decent day or something. Like I'm something or something.
People should know that I hold them in contempt once they show me that they are worthy of my disregard but I'm much to chicken to tell anyone how feeble they are to their face. Maybe they tried their best or something.
Something. You figure it out. I know what I mean. Innuendo. Even now I won't come out and say that I will revel in your abandon. That I pity all you poor people who didn't do what I did all my life. I only hope I am the fool and I never have to do what I think I will have to do. (Nothing creepy I assure you) The last thing I will be is a threat. Four years of auto shop did help. Four years of U.S. Army Infantry did as well.
I always wondered what to do in combat. Do I zig or zag? Duck and dodge?
Now I know. First I say it and then I do it.
The number of stories I've read and the times I've heard the guys say that they just figured they were dead and went about the job are enough to know that anything is possible and that's why they make us do it over and over so that in times of duress we react without thinking.
I have never been in any trouble.
I have never had a fight.
I never hated anyone so much that I said I did.
I did stuff, but it was all to easy for me to think it was anything worth thinking it was anything. I will relate the experience but I do not give it any credence compared to what others have had to endure.
I do not want to hurt anyone ever.
I will hurt the heck out of someone given the right reason.
Leave my mom alone or suffer!
Ha! Made you blink!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home