Saturday, December 24, 2005

The great depression

I guess I am one of those people who suffers during the holidays.
I don't know what it is but I don't have the holiday spirit that I once enjoyed when I was younger.
Right now I only think about how there are lots and lots of other people who can not have a merry christmas and won't enjoy a happy new year.
I have everything and a bright future ahead of me so I don't want to incur any pity.
I'm just saying out loud that I wish everyone would take a moment to look around them and decide how much is enough. I'm not saying I am not the greediest person on this earth, I don't have that much, but there are some of us who have way to much to have to acquire more at others expense.
One example is the oil folks who will rake in billions of dollars of profit while some people will freeze to death because they will not be able to afford to pay for heat this winter. Billions of dollars profit. Not a nice bit of change but so much money that they will have to stretch their imaginations to figure out how to spend more loot on something that they will rarely use.
Those are the types of people I wish would become a little nicer.
I will try to give away all the time I can to help someone else since my effort will cost me more than mere cash. Even that won't make much of a ripple but it will make me feel a little better.
The material christmas will ever be the curse we suffer while we purchase cheap crap that no one really needs.
We used to celebrate christmas for different reasons didn't we?
I did and do enjoy receiving presents.
I do enjoy shopping for something that might put a smile on someones face if only for a moment.
Money is not the issue.
People living in fear, dying because other people don't care, suffering because we all are guilty of not caring about anyone but ourselves isn't really the issue.
I have no idea what the issue is.
Maybe my deepening depression is worrying me because I have nothing else to complain about right now.
Ain't that rough?
Poor me.
We will all find out what life is all about.
By then it will be a little late eh?
I am such a sap.
Happy Christmas to everyone and a Merry New Year as well.
I'll try to lighten up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home