Sunday, November 06, 2005

At long last

Finally, a day off without a darn thing to do but laundry and house keeping chores I have been putting off for way to long.
Work is great as far as work goes. I kind of do miss the stress and pace of the old job but that must be a trace of insanity. As long as I keep learning the nuances of my new duties I know I will shine.
Life just won't keep still will it? Here I get a little slack and the rest of the world plunges ahead with no regard. All this stuff happening elsewhere does make me feel glad I don't have anything to do with the mess and yet there must be something I can do to help. Beside gripe and moan that is.
Perhaps I should continue to keep my head above water as it is and let everyone else flounder as they will. If I can keep my rage inside I should be okay. The problems of the world do not need me interfering, that's all I know. I fear the results of my feelings should they become public. Judge not least ye be judged right?
If the world has to continue along the path we are following then the results will be what they will be. As it is written and all that junk. Add a pandemic and then the unrest and we might just have some loser push the button and prove how much of a dink he (she) really is.
The prediction of doom is nothing new. I believe everyone has thought that their generation has been the one that would witness the end of time. I really do not care if this is the end or not. I believe what I believe and that's all there is to say about that.
The fact that what we fat and lazy americans will go through is the challenge I hope to witness first hand.
If perchance there was something akin to a atmospheric EMP blast that messed up all our technology and all of a sudden we were stone age creatures once again I think it would be good for us to be reminded of how frail we are.
The attitudes I sense from some people would be the death of them. Money is not the answer. Power corrupts. It is nice to be nice. Not that I condone anarchy or the rule of the many by those that are strong, but the weak will be eaten.
The mighty lion in the wild is king of the beast as long as the prey he kills does not get a lucky kick to the jaw that breaks the bone, rendering the once mighty down to a helpless creature starving to death. The lowly mouse will turn and fight once it figures it has no escape. I guess even us humans are getting to a point where the division between the haves and have not's is starting to annoy us.
I have everything. I need nothing. I am blessed. I am cursed.
Life is living. Death will be watching.
Is there another dimension that we proceed to at the end of our time? One where we can see what we accomplished with our lives? Maybe we just stop being all together.
I doubt it.
I am nothing.
I am everything.
Today will be an answer of sorts. I will find someone one day who will love me.
I will love someone.
I will understand that what I feel toward the people who interfere with my life is not hatred, merely disgust. The lousy neighbor is not who I should rant and rave about, I must ignore them and pretend I never was him to someone else.
I need to get a life I guess.
Perfection isn't all it promised.
I am not who I fear I am.
At least for everyone else's sake I hope not.
Live long and prosper.
Let's all just get along as best we can huh?
Forgive me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home